New Zealand is known as one of the most preferred study destination, chosen by the Indian students. But before planning about study in New Zealand, every student needs to get the information about the environment, culture and the locality of this country to get familiarized with it. So, firstly lets read out the most common information about the New Zealand that you should know before applying for the student visa for New Zealand. Nature has blessed New Zealand to touch sun rays and start the everyday first. This is one of the most vibrant places in the world where you will enjoy archaic forests, mind-blowing landscapes and stunning coastline all at one place. In this way, every student, who wants to look beyond classroom walls while studying, may enjoy enduring experiences by living and studying in NZ.
|Total area||2,68,021 sq. km|
|Area comparative||About the size of Japan & UK|
|Population growth rate||2.1%|
|Net migration rate||2.46 migrant(s)/1,000 population|
|Government type||Parliamentary democracy|
|GDP- Real growth rate||0.2%|
|Currency||New Zealand dollar (NZD)|
Major cities for study in New Zealand, where top universities and colleges offering the international education to their students are Wellington, Auckland– center of commerce and industry, Christchurch – the Garden city,Dunedin, Hamilton, Otago and Palmerston North
Temperature lies between 10 to 25 degrees that sounds perfect for overseas students. In summer, the average maximum temperature ranges between 20-25ºC and in winter between 12-16ºC. January and February are the warmest months, and July is the coldest month of the year.
Three official languages, including English, Maori and New Zealand Sign Language are spoken. Maori used by Maori people, sign language (NZSL) is used by deaf community and English is used for official communication that is great thing if you want toget an international degree from New Zealand..
NZ currency is NZD (New Zealand Dollar) and one unit is equal to 47.86 Indian rupees. It is marked by symbol of $. The notes available are $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100. On holding up to the light, an image of the Queen can be seen on notes. International
The top ranked educational institutes of New Zealand generates the breed of multi-talented and knowledgeable professionals; this is the only reason why the education of this country gained the reputation in all over the world. NZ’s eight universities are part of international universities community. Moreover, government of this nation invests big amount of money for education and accommodation of overseas students.
Why Study in New Zealand?
Study in New Zealand offers huge benefits to international students. New Zealand is very popular among international students all over the world. Students get a British-based education that is easy to follow for students. The degrees are recognized around the world as being up-to-date. The tuition fee is some of the lowest in the world. Even for getting this recognition around the world as high-quality education hub the New Zealand government goes so far for checking each and every course, program, and certificate. Students can easily check out list of colleges here. Not only that, but the support services for international students are among the best in the world. The educational department of New Zealand has a good experience in helping their international students for getting succeeded in their programs. Kiwis (people of New Zealand) are some of the most amazing, loving, and welcoming people that are rarely found anywhere in the world. There is hardly any news of harassment of overseas students in New Zealand. So it’s a safe and the best place to study. The top reasons for you tostudy in New Zealand are as follows:
Benefits in Education System:
1. The Education of New Zealand will help students earn qualification that is recognized and reputed around the globe.
2. The most common reason why study in New Zealand is that it employs British-based education system with proper qualification framework and pathway to secondary education and universities.
3. New Zealand offers a wide range of courses for academic, vocation and professional interests at top-ranked universities, polytechnics, colleges and secondary schools.
4. International students may gain by enrolling with English language schools to improve their language before commencing study at secondary school and universities.
5. Cost of living and study is low as compared to United Kingdom and United States. Students can stay with a family as paying guest or get accommodation in hostel.
6. Student Visa for New Zealand is required only for full-time courses like diploma and degrees but not for short-term courses with duration of less than three months.
7. In New Zealand, you enjoy multicultural and welcoming environment and vibrant lifestyle that will be a great and lasting life experience.
8. Peaceful and green environment of country is another major reasonwhy study in New Zealand.
9. Country with small population offers wide spectacular views that refreshes mind and fill viewers spirit with enthusiasm.
10. Procedure to get study visa is less complex.
Other benefits for international students:
1. It has clean, green, friendly and unique atmosphere
2. It is a high-quality, cost-effective study abroad destination
3. The people are warmhearted and friendly
4. Its climate is moderate all year around
5. There are limitless sports, recreation and leisure opportunities
6. NZ has a British-based education system
Now you have enough reasons behind why choose to move to New Zealand. To help you enjoy an overall set of benefit, our study visa consultant for New Zealand provides responsible and dedicated services to the students. Starting from filling the college application form to assisting you to make travel arrangements. Since last decade, we have helped thousands of students tostudy in New Zealand and gain education as well as experience in their desired career domain. Students always feel helpless to decide upon the college because they lack proper guidance and source of knowledge. Understanding the value of student’s career and their eagerness to a major change in their life, we feel delighted in serving their excitement. We offer services in all top-ranked universities, colleges and other education institutions that offer students a unique and valuable learning environment. In this way, we help students earn an internationally acceptable degree from New Zealand in the field of their interest.
|Professional Qualification||Level||Course Duration||IELTS Band|
|Diploma||5/6||1.5 or 2||5.5 / 6|
|Graduate Diploma||7||1||6 / 6.5|
|P.G Diploma||8||1 & 1.5||6.5 / 6|
|Master||9||1.5 / 2||6.5|
New Zealand Student Visa Requirements
Check requirements for New Zealand student visa you need to submit list of following documents at the time of lodgment of Student visa Application to immigration New Zealand
1. Student Visa Application Form & Supplementary Information Form.
2. Passport- Passport must be valid for 3 months beyond the intended date of departure from New Zealand.
3. Photograph- Two recent passport-sized photograph (must be less than six months old).
4. Education Certificates- All certificates from 10th onwards (with translation, if required).
(Note: If the student intends to pursue aviation or marine course in NZ then the evidence of related qualifications/work experience must be provided.)
5. English Language Requirement (IELTS and PTE)
6. Covering Letter
7. Statement of Purpose
8. Offer of Place
9. Evidence of Employment (If Applicable)
10. Health Requirements
11. Police Clearance Certificate from Regional Passport Office, or from the Office of Deputy Commissioner of Police.
12. Financial Documents: Students are required to submit evidence of sufficient funds for maintenance during their stay in New Zealand (i.e. for Tuition Fee + Living Cost)
a) Financial Undertaking Form
b) Affidavit of Support from Sponsor
c) Authorization letter from Sponsor, authorizing Immigration New Zealand to verify the financial documents on their behalf.
d) Fund Type: Education loan from nationalized or multinational bank with details of borrower, co-borrower and personal guarantor. Detail of collateral security and its owner (if applicable).
• Latest bank statement for the past 6 months
• Fixed deposit ( 6-month old)
1. The telephone number along with STD code of the Financial Institution should be provided for the verification of authenticity of funds.
2. Students are required to provide documentary evidence of income, along with the source of income, of their parents; even if the cost of study is being sponsored by another person.
3. Under FTS student has no access to fund older than six months.
13. Application Visa Fee:
• DD of Rs. 14,300 in favor of Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment payable at Mumbai
• DD of Rs 1038 in favor of TT services, payable at Chandigarh or Delhi (Depending on the location of the student)
Student Visa Changes for New Zealand
As we mention above the complete New Zealand student visa requirements now below you can check the new changes for student visa. New Zealand Immigration has recently launched New Pathway Student Visa Pilot
1. New Zealand has launched an 18-month pilot for a new Pathway Student Visa.
2. The pathway visa allows students to study with up to three different education providers over a five-year period, all without renewing the study visa.
3. Pathway visa holders may also work during their studies, within the limits of existing immigration regulations in New Zealand.
4. This Pathway pilot is only limited to the education institutions that meet to defined government criteria for participation that includes the 90% student visa approval rate over the previous 12 months.
For more information:-