Canada Student Visa – Process
It is compulsory for all foreign students to obtain a student authority and visa before migrating to study in Canada. A student must also meet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations under normal circumstances. Kindly allow a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks for your visa to be processed.
Read the step by step procedure of getting Canada student visa, provided in the below given content by the qualified team of Western Overseas:
Step 1: Apply for Admission in College/University
To study in Canada firstly, you should obtain an approval of admissions (offer letter) from an accredited education provider in Canada. There are numerous SDS Colleges and Universities in Canada that offers a wide range of programmes and great facilities to their students. The best way to find a right education provider is to conduct research on the best colleges/universities in Canada offering relevant courses and shortlist a few of them. After this, browse the website of the shortlisted colleges and select the appropriate one in terms of quality of education, ranking, programme structure, programme fee and other facilities for international students.
Then complete the application to the institution of your choice. While applying for admission, you need to submit a few documents, including proof of your previous academic qualifications, passport copy, and proof of your English language ability. Wait until your offer letter is received.
Step 2:Pay Tuition Fee
After accepting your offer from your education provider, you must pay the tuition fee as mentioned in the offer letter. This payment is made by International Wire Transfer. Once the institutions have received and processed your tuition fee payment, they will issue you with receipt. This receipt will be needed to lodge your Canada student visa application.
Step 3:Purchase of GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate)
It is compulsory for the students to buy a special guaranteed investment certificate (GIC) from any of the participating bank like: Nova Scotia Bank, ICICI Bank, SBI Canada Bank, CIBC Bank for the amount of $ 10,200 CAD for the adjustment of the living expenses of the first year. Approx. $200 will be deducted as the administrative charges of Bank (It depends on Bank to Bank). The student receives $ 2000 immediately after arrival in Canada. Next $8000 will be paid to the students in 12 equal installments as each month’s living expenses. This is a nonredeemable investment.
Step 4:Undertake Medicals
You will now need to take a medical examination a doctor approved by the Canadian government. You can find a list of approved panel by visiting; (http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx).
You will be provided a receipt for the medical, which is required when you apply for a visa. The medical report will automatically be transferred to the visa office.
Step 5:Visa Lodgment
To lodge your visa application you will need to provide the documents as per SDS Checklist:
- Visa Application Form
- Original valid passport with photocopy of the Biodata page
- Family information form .
- An Acceptance Letter issued by the SDS Educational institute in Canada
- Use of Representative Form (IMM 5476)
- Proof of English Proficiency Test
- Academic Documents
- Receipt of Payment of Tuition fee
- Evidence of GIC purchase
- Student Questionnare
- Medical, etc.
Step 6:Visa Outcome
After receiving the passport, you will get to know about the outcome of your Canadian student visa application.
Here is how Western Overseas helps you:
- We provide you a FREE Counseling session (Telephonic/In-person) to help you choose a right education provider and relevant course to study in Canada.
- We help you apply to the chosen college and we take the responsibility of doing all the hard work of tracking the applications by staying in touch with the institution, on your behalf.
- We assist you in paying your fees and also in the purchase of GIC.
- Just like your admission application, also we will help you to lodge your visa file and keep you updated on the progress of your application
- As soon as we get to know the results of your application for your Canadian student visa, we will inform you and then you can collect your passport.
- Proof of English Proficiency Test
- At Western Overseas, we can help you organize your travel arrangements to begin your new student life in Canada. Air ticketing, insurance and foreign exchange can all be arranged through us to make studying overseas easier and a once-in-a-life experience!